EDGE Youth Leadership is a part of the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) program as a Certifying Organization.
This award is a Presidential honor that recognizes the valuable contributions of volunteers nationwide who are answering the President’s call to serve others through their current volunteer activities or lifetime service. As a Certifying Organization, we can verify your service hours and distribute the award when you have completed the EDGE 100 Hour Challenge.
To qualify for the award, simply submit records of your service hours to EDGE via the PVSA web site:
- Go to https://www.presidentialserviceawards.gov/register-vo and create a new account
- Input your contact information including phone and email and create a password
- Select your primary and secondary levels of focus (Education, Health, etc.)
- Input your demographic information (optional)
- Select your email preferences
- Click Submit Application
- Next, under My Profile, click ADD next to the Record of Service Key
- Enter the key MRZ-31609 to be associated with EDGE
- Start tracking your hours by clicking on the My Service button
Eligible volunteer service hours can be accumulated through work on a variety of projects throughout the year. The only requirement is that the hours be completed within a 12-month period. The EDGE award timeframe is June 1st through May 31st and we can retroactively award your hours for previous years, so don’t be afraid to log ‘em all!
We encourage you to check out VolunteerMatch.org to sign up for additional volunteer projects available in your area to complete and surpass the 100 Hour Challenge. Don’t forget, you can also accumulate hours by serving on the EDGE Planning Committee!
To be eligible to receive the President’s Volunteer Service Award, a registered Certifying Organization must confirm applicants’ service hours.
Awards vary by hours of service completed between June 1 and May 31:
Young Adults - Ages 15 - 25
- Bronze Award 100 - 174 hours
- Silver Award 175 - 249 hours
- Gold Award 250 or more hours
Families and Groups (two or more people)*
- Bronze Award 200 - 499 hours
- Silver Award 500 - 999 hours
- Gold Award 1,000 or more hours
*Each member contributing at least 25 hours towards the total
President’s Call to Service Award
Individuals who have completed 4,000 or more volunteer service hours over the course of their lifetime are eligible to receive the President’s Call to Service Award.