Ready for EDGE 2022?
EDGE Youth Leadership is a leadership development program that begins with a high-energy conference where students gather with their peers and with leaders in the community to engage in leadership and team building activities. At the conference, the students explore ideas, expand the breadth of their experiences and challenge themselves and each other to discover how they can make a difference in their own lives and in communities and the world.
When and where is EDGE 2022?
- When: Friday, June 10th at 8:00 AM - Sunday, June 12th at 4:00 PM
- Where: California State University Maritime Academy
Who speaks at EDGE?
EDGE features a variety of speakers, from motivational speakers, to community leaders, to panels of professionals in the non-profit sector. It is important to note that EDGE does not take sides on politics or religion, and none of our speakers push a religious or political agenda on the students. The speakers' aim is to teach, empower and motivate the students to become leaders in their local communities and in the world.
- Student Selection Early Bird Deadline - Friday, March 18th
- Last Chance to Select a Student - Friday, April 15th
For Students and Parents/Guardians:
- After the student has been selected by their school, they must complete a Registration Form with their parent/guardian by Friday, May 13th
- 2022 Seminar! - Friday, June 10th at 8:00 AM through Sunday, June 12th at 4:00 PM
What kind of activities happen at EDGE?
At EDGE, students:
engage in team building exercises
learn from motivational speakers how to make an impact on their world
participate in communication work shops
improve public speaking skills
hear from inspiring community leaders
make new friends and join a lifelong network of professionals and passionate individuals
Schools Start Here!
Signing up for EDGE is a two-step process beginning on February 1, 2022.
First, the school contact leading selection (counselor, activities director, teacher, school administrator, etc.) will select a sophomore student and must submit a Selection Form which asks for the school's information and the selected student's contact information. The Selection Form must be submitted by April 15, 2022.
Due to COVID-19 capacity restrictions this year, we will be hosting a limited number of students. To avoid your student being waitlisted, please submit the Student Selection Form as early as possible.
When the Selection Form is submitted, the school contact, student, and parent/guardian will receive a confirmation email with information about EDGE 2022 and a link to the Registration Form. The Registration Form must be submitted by the student and their parent/guardian by May 13, 2022.
An overview of how to submit the Selection Form is shown to the right. All selections must be submitted through the school or through one of our non-profit partners. Please contact us if you are interested in signing up but are unsure of who to contact at your school.
The deadline to sign up a student is April 15, 2022. If you have missed the deadline, please contact us as spots may still be available: email@example.com or 510-408-6606
To sign up your selected student:
START: Click the START HERE button.
Step 1: Fill in your contact information and information about your school. Click NEXT.
Step 2: Fill in your student's information (contact information, mailing address, t-shirt size, date of birth) and their parent/guardian's contact information. You will also be asked to answer questions about your student's personality and leadership style. Click NEXT.
Step 3: If you have an alternate student, please select YES from the drop-down menu and complete the same set of questions. We strongly recommend adding an alternate student in case your primary student cannot attend. If you do not have an alternate student, click CONFIRM AND SUBMIT.
Step 4: You, your student, and their parent/guardian will receive a confirmation email at the email addresses you provided in the Selection Form. This confirmation email will include a link to the Registration Form which must be submitted by the student and their parent/guardian by May 13, 2022.
IMPORTANT! Please be sure the emails you submit are personal email addresses that the student and their parent/guardian check frequently. Please do not use student school email addresses as those domains often block emails from our organization. Please do not use the same email address for you and your student. If your student does not have a personal email address, please contact us.
Step 5: Check in with your student to make sure they submit their Registration Form by May 13, 2022. Once the Registration Form is submitted, they are all set to attend EDGE 2022!
Questions? Please contact Jenne Martinez and Taylor Muniain at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-408-6606.
Frequently Asked Questions
2021 Virtual Program Attendees
- If you are a current high school junior who attended our 2021 virtual program, We would love to have you join us as an in-person attendee this year!
- If you are a current high school senior who attended our 2021 virtual program, We would love to have you volunteer with the organization! Please reach out to our Executive Team at email@example.com if you are interested.
- All 2021 sophomores will complete an updated 2022 Registration Form which must be completed with their parent/guardian by Friday, May 13th
- Registration Forms will be emailed out to our 2021 sophomores and their parents/guardians on February 1, 2022
- If you did not receive your Registration Form, please contact Jenne Martinez and Taylor Muniain at 510-408-6606 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Missed a deadline? Questions?
- We want every student to attend!
- However, occasionally students have emergencies that come up where they can no longer attend. Let us know so we can free up a spot for another student.
If you have any questions regarding these deadlines, please contact Jenne Martinez and Taylor Muniain at 510-408-6606 or email@example.com